weird problems with RedHat+debian

some local messgae for folks in our LUG:
I've just deleted windoze from my HD, and I'm not very sure you can
receive this fucking message yet. Anyway, I need help. First, things do
not seem to be such easy as I thought 5 hours ago. AT that time I'm just
too excited about jianghao's show up in jingling Library, but, sigh!!

Here comes the big Q:
O.K. I've installed 750M RedHat on /dev/hda1, and the other part of my box
is debian. I got xemacs to run to let me input chinese very well, I got
the sound up under RedHat too, I will test modem tommorrow morning. Wish
me good luck. The problem is that I will fail on the inner modem most
probably, and due to some obscure reasons, I cannot type chinese under
debian, I mean, ok, are you following me still? Thank you! I mean I cannot
touch net from RedHat, and I cannot touch Chinese from debian, and I need
Chinese and net both, so what's the deal? eh?

Can I use the mail spool from debian to send and receive email, and I will
shift to debian to send and receive email to/from the Internet, is this
possible, I mean I wanna use /debian/var/spoool/mail under RedHat, is this
possible? Please help! My modem conflicts with oss sound driver,
and I do not wanna give up the nice /dev/audio under redhat, I use debian
with modem without sound, I use redhat with sound without modem, and
there's no chinese under debian while redhat can support chinese very
well, and I need chinese with email aka net. O.K. I just dream to got a
simple solution. I have no clue to setup the problem in the way I'm
thinking: a spool not under the control of the system!

The Second Q is:
I could use Xfree86 with virtual desktop set to 640x1600 (exactly
640x1600, compare with 800x600, 640x480 etc), and the resolution of
monitor: 640x480 under debian. But I cannot do this with AccelX (I use
AccelX for RedHat), I think AccelX should do better. But AccelX only give
choice of Virtual Desktop a little bigger than 1024x768, I wanna 640x1600!
Any advice? (I know it it weird! Gee! 640x1600 w/S3Trio64V+ 2M and a
garbage 14" monitor)

The Trird Q is:
I share the /home among debian and redhat, the same user I am under both
systems: zhaoway. same directory. But I wanna different windowmanager. How
can I achieve this? Right now, I test [ -f /etc/HOSTNAME ] to decide
whether .xinitrc is under debian or under redhat. Any other solutions?
and I seem to need different PS1 and some other settings different in
.bashrc and/or .bash_profile for RedHat and debian. How could I achieve
this? And I'd like both system share some of the libs and header files and
some of the apps' binary 'cause I've only got 2.1G for 2 Linux systems! Is
this possible? How much could I got to share among them?

Sorry for my english! U.G.L.Y. Sorry! Hope that you could understand me!
If not, I will post again, just tell me you do not understand my ugly
english, then I will post again.

Thank you all!

--
 zhaoway