Re: how do I extract a 2.6 gigabyte .tar.gz file ?

I also realized that the mcopy from mtools could be used to copy to
stdout, and that it, in any case, would not stop for a ^Z, so I tried it,
but it had the same problme.  Here's the output (which stops extracting at
about 1.2gb):

root@darxus:~$ mcopy c:/linux/home.tgz - | tar -ztvf - > home.idx
file read: Success

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
tar: Archive - EOF not on block boundary

***PGP fingerprint = D5 EB F8 E7 64 55 CF 91  C2 4F E0 4D 18 B6 7C 27***
                              Chaos reigns.