conflicts in Debian Distributions

I just would like to know if Debian 2.0 has conflicting software
in it like Debian 1.3.1 .

Background:  Debian 1.3.1 would not let you install all the software
in the release.  Installing all the software in the release saves a
lot of time, and hard drive space is cheeper than time.

I have used Debian 1.3.1 in the past but I think that having packages
that confict is a bad thing.  I think that making all the packages
in Debian compatable would be a big plus.  In Debian 1.3.1 this is
not the cast.  For example you cannot install emacs and xemacs in Debian 1.3.1 .
I'm guessing some of the filenames in these two packages are the same.
To get rid of this confict you can just install them in different directories or
something like that.

It's a pain to have to pick through 1000 + packages to install.  I prefer to just
install all of them without picking through them.  Hard disk space is now cheep,
and time is not.

Please reply

--lance

Lance Arsenault, PhD  lance@ncsa.uiuc.edu (217)333-1317
NCSA, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
WWW:  http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~lance/