Re: A little question about Debian

[Redirected to -user; I don't see what this has to do with the development
of Debian. Also, you get better answers if you ask more specific questions.]

On Tue, Oct 13, 1998 at 03:43:48PM +0000, Matthias D wrote:
> I would like to know if there is anything like usable with API or Corba
> technology

I have no idea what you mean by "API technology". Corba use and development
on Linux poses no problems; see e.g. http://linas.org/linux/corba.html .

> or even Java (I know all that is Sun's property..)

Sun's Java development toolkit is available on Linux. Various freeware Java
tools (compiler, runtime environment etc.) are being worked on,
e.g. kaffe, guavac, japhar (http://www.transvirtual.com/downloads.html, ?,
www.japhar.org).

HTH,
Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go