Re: Debian secretary wont work with pon.

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, Phillip Neumann wrote:

> Jens Ritter wrote:
>
> > Phillip Neumann <filsin@bigfoot.com> writes:
> >
> > Please check the mail archive.
> >
> > As far as I read, you have to restart xringd, so it gets the
> > back to the modem.
> >
> > --
> > Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de       grimaldi@debian.org
> > KeyID: 2048/E451C639 1998/01/28
> > Print: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37
> > Here is a patch for one of the nastiest 2.1 (and earlier)
> > problems: the uptime counter wraps back to zero after 497 days. The
> > heartbreak of seeing that carefully-nurtured uptime go to zero is not
> > something that should be inflicted on anybody.
> >                 -- http://lwn.net/  August 27, 1998
>
> Any way.... i have not problems with xring as i said last message....
>

> Phillip Neumann (my) wrote:
> >thanks for the help, now xringd is working all right. But i have
> >problems using it with pon.
>
> The problem is making xringd start pon ....
>
> thanks....

You may need to make a script that pulls down xringd, and executes 'pon',
possibly with a new ISP entry.. (new /etc/ppp/peers/* file -
'pon incomingcall' or something.. ) that uses the -detach option, then
when that task finishes, the script brings xringd back up again... just a
guess :)

i.e.:
--
#!/bin/sh
/etc/init.d/xringd stop

/etc/ppp/peers/incomingcall:
--
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/provider"
-detach noauth noipdefault defaultroute /dev/modem 38400

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

    OFFLINE 1.50  "Virus check complete.  All viruses functioning normally"