Re: PPP dial out fails at LCP ConfReq

John Hasler wrote -
> Martin Bialasinski writes:
> > What I mean is that you shouldn't send the \d.
> He isn't sending \d.  To chat '\d' means pause one second.  Some ISP's get
> confused if chat exits and lets pppd start sending packets before they
> finish authenticating.  The pause gives them time to get their act
> together.

Thanks for all the help folks.  I have figured out what the problem is.
It was not my chatscripts.  It was not /etc/ppp/peers/netcom  It was
something really stupid on my part.  My modem was an internal one
connected to com3 (/dev/ttyS3).  The IRQ was being set wrong.   I
unplugged the card,  changed the jumpers on the card to diable PnP and
set its IRQ to an unused one (10), rebooted, ran setserial and that
solved the problem.  Just thout this info had to be archived in some
mailing list for people who might come across a similar problem in the
future.

Thaths
--
 "I can't believe you didn't invite me.  After I painted those cool
                     stripes all over your car."