Re: Sound not working

Chan Min Wai wrote:

> Hai, Me again....
>
>         I have a SB32 pnp that work fine in Win98 and Dos when I change to
> linux I first use isapnp to config the card and its ok...
>
>         Then I don't know What to do next although I follow the HOWTO sound and
> setup the Sound but it didn't run during the boot time so not a setting
> is running..
>
> Anyone please help ...

	Even if sound is working you aren't necessarily going to see any
message during bootup.  Do you have sound compiled into the kernel you
are using (or built as a module)?  Make sure the irq/dma stuff agrees
between isapnp's configuration and what you have compiled into the
kernel.  What does 'insmod sound' do?  What does 'cat /dev/sndstat'
show?

--
Ed C.