Re: smail delays delivering mail from fetchmail

Hallo Michael Beattie
> > I use fetchmail to download my mail from a POP3 server, and until
> > recently the local smail/in.smtp process that gets that mail from
> > fetchmail would immediately deliver the messages to my mailbox.  Now
> > it queues the mail for delivery, but doesn't actually deliver it until
> > some minutes later.  If I run 'runq' right after 'fetchmail' then the
> > mail *is* delivered immediately.
>
> I just used a command like 'fetchmail;runq' in my /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
> directory.
>
> But you are right.. It used to run automatically for me too. what about
> the "queue_only" directive in /etc/smail/config. I cant remember, but will
> "-queue_only" disable this?
>
> > So, how can I force smail to deliver the mail immediately again?  I've
> > studied all the docs I can find and tried all the smail options that
> > seem to relate, but nothing helps.  I'm running fetchmail 4.6.0-1 and
> > smail 3.2.0.101-5 on a fairly current slink system.
> >
> > A slightly-obscured version of my /etc/smail/config file is attached.

hmm .. after investigation ...
with libc6  Version: 2.0.7u-1
your behavior show up .. :-(

with the libc6 Version: 2.0.7t-1
all seems to be normal ...

any hints, why the new lib starts such things?
	Soenke

Soenke Lange
Microsoft spel chekar vor sail, worgs grate !!