Re: list of installed packages

*-"dokdokLUG" <chadi@cebu.pworld.net.ph>

| hi and good day everyone !!!
|   when installing debian2 , i chose some of the preselected packages that the installer program suggested, now, can someone pls direct as to where i may find a complete list of the files that has been installed to my system and where ?
|   also, when i use dpkg -i filename.deb to install a package, is it also possible for me to get a complete list of all the files that the dpkg program added and those config files w/c she mage changes to ?

Well, almost (and you can get exactly what you want with a
simple script). 'dpkg -l' gives you all installed packages
and 'dpkg -L packagename' gives you the files installed
by a particular package.

PS: Your long lines disrupt my quoting. Grr ;-)

--
...Unix, MS-DOS, and MS Windows (also known as the Good, the Bad,
and the Ugly).                                       (Matt Welsh)