extra / in paths

Since upgrading to hamm, I've noticed the system reporting pathnames with an
extra / after the last directory name.  For example:

	% type ftp
	ftp is /usr/bin//ftp

Also, my PATH is shown with / after each entry:

	% echo $PATH
	/usr/local/bin/:/bin/:/sbin/:/usr/bin/:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin/

even though in ~/.bash_profile, I set PATH without these extra /'s.

I expect this is a well-known bug, but I can't think how to look for a report
of it.  Can someone explain why this is happening, and how to fix it?  Thanks.

David Zelinsky
zelinsky@us.net