RE: PON dials out, but PPP connection dropped

Yes, the default route established at boot time. It is defined by a route
statement in /etc/init.d/network.  (I've enclosed a copy of that file).

> if you reach the LAN though a NON-default route this should not be a
> problem though.  Hopefully the LAN is either using either registered-IP or
> reserved-IP ranges.

What is the appropriate syntax for route to set up a non-default route to my
LAN? (I use IP addresses in the 192.168.x.x range.)

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Sincerely,

David