Re: Debian Linux on HP/Apollo 400?

First of all, Peter, you should *remove* the 310kB jpeg image that
were attached to the origianl mail.  Secondly you should tell your
mail program not to send HTML mails.

Peter L. Berghold wrote:
> According to what I understand from the web page I'm to ask on this list
> before I attempt to put Debian Linux up on an unlisted platform.
>
> I have an HP/Apollo model 400 languishing in my basement. Has anybody on
> this list been sucessful in installing Linux on such a beast?  If so,
> would they be willing to EMAIL me privately on how this was
> accomplished?

What kind of processor is that?  Since a friend of mine has an Apollo
whith an mc680xx processor it might be that m68k Debian would somehow
run on that machine.

If there is an HPPA processor in it you might not be able to run Linux
at all - at least not now.  I've heard rumours about porting but don't
know of any progress.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.