Re: Problems with NFS (is this a bug?)

Jose Rodriguez <jrguez@inm.es> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I've been using Debian 1.3.1 at my work for sharing my local SCSI disk
> with NFS. Everything worked ok until I upgraded to Debian 2.0. I did not
> changed anything in config files. My disk is shared with a Sun Solaris
> 2.5.x and 4 PCs (Debian Hamm). When activating NFS things work ok for a
> while (sometimes for 1 or 2 days) but suddenly (whitout apparent cause)
> the NFS stops working and all the computers (Sun, PCs...) hangs with the
> msg. "NFS server not responding. Stil triying...". Restarting the nfsd
> and mountd daemons will temporally solve this (until then NFSd goes
> crazy again).

Hi.  I've experienced similar problems.  For me, having a linux server and
linux clients is fine, but having a linux server and Solaris 2.6 clients
messes things up big time.  (I think it's during file writes that the
client gets hung.)  Also, having Solaris serve linux seems to be OK, too.

Later,
	Dale