Re: problems with finger

Hi!

> looks like your utmp file is mangled.  the easiest way is to just wipe it
> out entirely.  (try as root:  "> /var/run/utmp")  it's also possible to
> fix the utmp file by manipulating it's contents - depending on the number
> of users on your system this may be better, or simply wiping the utmp
> immediately before rebooting.

	I rebooted and now it works fine. Looks like the boot process
deletes everything in /var/run/. But I don't like rebooting, and I'm
pissed of that this was the only solution. I tried deleting the utmp file
and creating it again but the problem persisted.

	Whatever... :-)

Salutacions, Pere       ----  __o            Ultima Ratio Regum
  2:343/108.91       -----  _`\<;_        mailto:pere@casal.upc.es
PGP key available     ---  (_)/ (_)      http://casal.upc.es/~pere/