Re: lp1:device not configured

It appears that you have lp defined in printcap, but it is pointing
to a device that does not exist. Traditional printer ports in MSDOS
did not always point to the same I/O address for LPT1 and LPT2.
New kernels of Linux handle printers somewhat different, but more
consistantly. This does, however break some old setups. Chances are
that you are trying to print to /dev/lp0 and need to be printing to
/dev/lp1.

debian-user is a mailing list of Debian Users helping other users
of Debian Linux. For details see www.debian.org.