Re: What causes single user boot?

*- Christopher D. Judd wrote about "Re: What causes single user boot?"

|    This happens on my system since upgrading to Hamm.  The problem seems
| to be that fsck -A tries to check /fd0 (since I have entries for /fd0 in
| fsab) and fails since no disk is in the drive.  If that is the case then
| the FSCKFIX=yes won't help.  I have't had time to address this issue yet.
| Changing the /etc/fstab entries or the startup script may be necessary.
|
| -Chris

Make sure the sixth field in your /etc/fstab is set to 0(zero) or
empty for removable media. From 'man 5 fstab'

       The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8)  pro­
       gram to determine the order in which filesystem checks are
       done at reboot time.  The root filesystem should be speci­
       fied  with  a fs_passno of 1, and other filesystems should
       have a fs_passno of 2.  Filesystems within a drive will be
       checked  sequentially, but filesystems on different drives
       will be checked at the same time  to  utilize  parallelism
       available in the hardware.  If the sixth field is not pre­
       sent or zero, a value of zero is returned  and  fsck  will
       assume that the filesystem does not need to be checked.

--
Brian
							   - unknown