Re: printcap entry for HP LaserJet 4000

> Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 15:50:52 +0200
> From: "Tomas Petersson" <tomas.petersson@pir.se>
> Subject: printcap entry for HP LaserJet 4000
>
> Hello, can anyone help me with a correct printcap entry for HP LaserJet
> 4000?

I have a 4000N, but it's close enough.  Here's mine:

breeze|breeze
        :lp=breeze%9100
        :lf=/var/log/lp-errs
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/breeze
        :if=/usr/lib/CTI-Print/bin/ifhp
        :mx#0
        :sh

Note that I'm using LPRng.  Also note that the 4000N has a built-in
Ethernet card and print server, but I'm printing directly to port
9100.  That means that I need to send either PostScript or PCL.  Hence
the need for the CTI-Print filter.

Incidentally, the documentation that came with my printer provided
some (really bad) example printcap entries.  They work but are
suboptimal for several reasons.

Max