Re: rc3.d

When I got wmnet some time ago I wanted to have the following commands
run every time I booted so that wmnet would display properly:

$ ipfwadm -A in -i -S 0.0.0.0/0
$ ipfwadm -A out -i -D 0.0.0.0/0

I had no idea how to do this, but by looking in /etc and how things were
structured I kind of guessed how to do it, and it seems to have worked
perfectly, but is probably politically incorrect.

In /etc/init.d/ I made a file called wmnetstartup.sh that contains:

#!/bin/sh
ipfwadm -A in -i -S 0.0.0.0/0
ipfwadm -A out -i -D 0.0.0.0/0

and then in /etc/rcS.d/ I made a symlink to that script called:
S60wmnetstartup

Be sure to set the permissions on both of these files the same as all
the other files in the directory, and it will run the script every time
you boot. If this is not the politically correct way to have a command
run at boot time that you would normally just type in from your login
shell anyways, like startx or whatever, then what is?

Thanks,
Christopher