Re: Vi problem!

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Shao Ying Zhang wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 20:32:10 +1000 (EST)
> From: Shao Ying Zhang <s2193893@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
> To: question <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Vi problem!
>
> Hi all,
>         Does anyone aware of this situation:
>         When you run vi, if you are in the command
> mode, and then resize your xterm, the text will not
> be redisplayed unless you hit some keys..
>
>         When you in the input mode, it will give you the
> message: Window resize interrupted the input mode...
>
>         I have used vi for a long time, and this is the first
> time I met this problem.
>

>         Anyone knows how to fix it??
>
>         Thanks.
>

> Shao.

i don't think your is a problem : it's just a warning 'vause u resized
your xterm .

if u want to see again what u wrote on u vi session just go in the command
mode and type CTRL+l

if u're typing some kind of command just hitting ESC  will refresh your
xterm and u can see what u wrote ( i suggest u sometimes to write  and
refreshing only after u finished your line ; it's something acid :-))  )

samuele