Re: Using two mice under X at once.

Gerald,

I'm using a Micro Innovations KB-99T. These are impossible to find. You
can try every single search engine (hotbot, yahoo, excite, etc...), and
only one, Altavista, will turn up a place selling them. It's a _really_
nice keyboard. Anyways, the relevent part of my XF86Config is:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "Microsoft"
   Device          "/dev/ttyS0"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Resolution      200
   Buttons         3
   Emulate3Buttons
EndSection

Section "XInput"
   SubSection       "Mouse"
      Port          "/dev/psaux"
      DeviceName    "Pointer"
      Protocol      "PS/2"
      Emulate3Timeout 50
      Resolution     300
      Emulate3Buttons
      AlwaysCore
   EndSubSection
EndSection

The "Microsoft" protocol device is the keyboard's touchpad, and the PS/2
device is my trackball. They work together flawlessly. The touchpad on
the keyboard I only use to quickly switch between windows, because it
beats the hell out of having to Meta-cycle through 15 different windows
or multiple workspaces, and reaching for the mouse/trackball is
something we've all grown to hate. Having a little touchpad on the
keyboard is the perfect solution for quick, painless window switching.

Christopher