Latest sendmail in slink causes "host unknown" errors.

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote:

The latest version of sendmail in slink, 8.9.1-9 causes all mail I try to
send to fail with a weird message of "host unknown".

I get a message back from mailer-daemon with lines like:

550 <someuser@azstarnet.com>... Host unknown (Name server:
pegasus.azstarnet.com.: host not found)

and in /var/log/mail.log, I get a corresponding entry:

Sep 22 10:26:46 nielsen sendmail[3062]: KAA03060:
to=<someuser@azstarnet.com>, ctladdr=<nielsen@primenet.com> (1000/1000),
delay=00:00:24, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp,
relay=pegasus.azstarnet.com., stat=Host unknown (Name server:
pegasus.azstarnet.com.: host not found)

This is just an example; the problem occurs for any mail hosts and
nslookup shows that the hosts in question actually exist.

The previous version did not have any such problem, and in the changelog
I don't see anything which would affect this.  I downgraded to the hamm
version (8.8.8-20) which works fine.

Bob

----