Re: diald and ppp

nfn11988@naples.net (Keith) writes:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> I am trying to set up diald and ppp. I thought it would be easy like it
> was with Debian 1.3, but I guess Debian developers or someone wanted to
> keep me on my toes so they changed stuff. Here are my problems.
<SNIP>
> I have attached /etc/diald/diald.options and /etc/diald/connect
> I am using pap-secrets also.

> # /etc/diald/diald.options
<SNIP>
> connect "/etc/diald/connect"
> disconnect "/etc/ppp/ppp-disconnect"
<SNIP>
> [3 /home/nfn11988/connect <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> TIMEOUT 5
> "" ATZ&C1&D2%C0
> OK ATDT4038000
> ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> ABORT BUSY
> ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
> ABORT WAITING
> TIMEOUT 45
> CONNECT ""
> TIMEOUT 5

The problem seems to be that for diald's connect script you're just
giving it a chatscript; diald doesn't want that, it wants an actual
script.

Try moving your chatscript to another file (say, something in
/etc/chatscripts) and then in your /etc/diald/connect file just have:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/whateveryoumoveditto

Then, don't forget to make /etc/diald/connect executable.