Re: LinuxCentral CDROM

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> I'm not the expert on Debian's finances, but here's my understanding.
> Nils, please correct me where I'm wrong.
<snip>
> As far as I know, all bandwidth is donated, as well as the servers to a large
> degree. The money is used for a lot of different things, including
> - domain registration fees for debian.org
> - some hardware acquisitions
> - hiring booth space on Linux related trade shows
> - membership costs for Linux International
> and probably lots of other similiar things.

	I wasn't all that worried about where the money goes when it gets
to debian, just that it got there.  I check the donations page on
www.debian.org (before I posted :) and didn't see any mention of Linux
Central.  I was just being cautious.  So unless I hear otherwise I think
I'll place my order sometime after lunch.  It sure will be nice to have a
CD of Debian kicking around, if been running it on about 5 machines since
the pre1.0 days.  Having the CD's will defiantly cut down on my bandwidth
usage.

			mike...