installation problem: driver for Eiger labs eithernet pcmcia card

I'm trying to install the latest Debian on a TI Extensa 610CD. My problem is with my Eiger Labs EPX-10BT ethernet pcmcia card. The pcmcia howto lists thiis card as having worked under the fmvj18x_cs driver, but I have had no luck installing it with the modconf script.

I've run modconf and the fmvj18x_cs driver shows up under the pcmcia menu. When I choose to install it, I get the error, "can't locate module fmvj18x_cs \ Installation failed".
Is "module" refering to the card or the driver? I'd guess driver, but the script clearly can find the fmvj18x_cs.o file - if it couldn't, then the option to select it wouldn't show up. Has anyone has any luck with this card?

Other info which might be helpful: I poked in daemon.log and found some lines that went like this:
"cardmgr[99]: unsupported card in socket 0 \ version info: "Eiger Labs EPX-10BT PC card", "Ethernet 10BT", "01"
so the card seems to be successfully identifying itself to linux; not that that means linux will ever know what to do with it.

Thanks,
Dan