Re: anyone got a fix?

*- Willie Daniel wrote about "anyone got a fix?"

| NOTE: I don't subscribe to the list so reply directly to me.
|
| I'm getting this message when starting X.
|
| System: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp -w 1 -R/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb -xkm
| -m us -em1 "The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:" -emp "> "
| -eml "Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server" keymap/xfree86
| /var/tmp/xfree86.xkm
|

| This happened on a fresh 2.0 install and still happens after getting
| updates. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hmmm, try looking at your /etc/X11/XF86Config file under the Keyboard
section.  Are you defining any of the optional parameters or have any
typos in there?  I remember getting errors similiar to that when I was
messing around with the keyboard settings.

Just a guess really,

--
Brian
							   - unknown