Re: include-file in a LaTeX-document.

On 28 Aug 1998, Torsten Hilbrich wrote:

> On: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:17:05 +0200 (SAST) Johann Spies writes:
> >
> > Afrikaans is my language and because there are at the moment no
> > hyphenation rules for it, I use a file ~/afkap.tex containing a word
> > list with the correct hyphenation as an included file in all my
> > Afrikaans documents.
> >
> > After upgrading to Debian 2.0 LaTeX complains about that file with
> > an error message that it cannot write afkap.aux.
>
> You should use \input instead of \include.  \input will not try to
> create an auxiliary file.  You could also use a style file afkap.sty
> to be used with \usepackage{afkap}.  Just adding a line
> \ProvidesPackage{afkap} prior to you hyphenation list should be
> sufficient for a start.

Thank you Torsten.  I did not know about these possibilities.

Regards.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Use hospitality one to another without grudging."
                                   I Peter 4:9