Getting pine to send internet messages.

Hallo,

In installed pine 3.96 on my Debian 2.0 system yesterday.  With the
older pine on Debian 1.3.1 I had a lot of pleasure.  So far I could
not get pine to send messages other than those to the localhost.

When I try to send messages to somebody outside this machine, I get
the error message:

[Message not sent: defer 'the@email.address' the email.address]

I see no updated .pine-debug files.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Johann.

PS As my pine is not working, I sent this message using xemacs.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the
      night. The heavens shall pass away with a great noise,
      and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, and the
      earth and the works that are therein shall be burned
      up."                     II Peter 3:10