Re: First time Linux user.

> I have some questions
> concerning my new alternative OS:

"alternative"?  :)

www.linux.org, www.debian.org, www.slashdot.com, www.redhat.com .. .

> 2) Where would be a good place to get information regarding the use of
> Linux. (As I have yet to find the equivalent to the DOS cd and dir command.)

dos' cd is a copy of the unix cd used by linux.  Just make sure that your
slashes go the right way / rather than the dos way \.

dir takes three letters to accomplish "ls".  Never trust a command that can't
be typed in two letters . . .

most commands have a man page entry; just type "man commandnamee" and
some useful info.  Also, the info command applies to lots of commands;
the GNU folks dislike man and generally use this more awkward method.

rick