Lilo is not behaving itself...

Hi.

I'm trying to install lilo on a friend's computer (after doing it 100s of
times at work), and get te following error:

Warning: device 0x0302 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit
geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (1093 > 1023)

That computer bios has the ability to "see" over the 1024th cylinder,
since dos' fdisk has the linux partitions listed.
I tried downloading a newer version of lilo and compiling it myself, but
it happend again.

Since I know that the bios can actually work that way, is ther a way
(beyond manually editing the sources not to stop by this problem) to force
lilo to install itself into the mbr?

TIA,
Liran.
---