Re: Strange thing ...

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Daniel Mashao wrote:

: On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Mario Filipe wrote:
:
: >
: > On 05-Aug-98 Daniel Mashao wrote:
: > > I had the same problem until I was told I needed to upgrade the perl
: > > library to the newer one in bo/unstable. That solved my problem.
: >
: >         Yes! But do you know where to get these packages nowadays! In other
: > words does anyone know of a bo packages archive!
: >
: >         I think Ana will appreciate that!
: I think this may be a problem that all Debian users need to deal with. The
: fact that old files that may be needed to upgrade are no where to be found
: stinks. In this case even if one had a CD one would not be able to upgrade
: as the required perl (Why not use Python? at least it doesn't change too
: much between minor versions as perl seems to do.) was never part of the
: stable distributions.

<FAQ>

bo IS archived somewhere.

ftp://ftp.infodrom.north.de/pub/debian/dists/bo/
{ftp,http}://debian.midco.net/debian/Archive/

are two that I know of.

</FAQ>

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD