Installation Problem

Ok, I've got this problem.  I defraggmented my harddrive and then used FIPS to split my primary partition.  Then I booted off a floppy which I wrote with resc1440.bin using rawrite2.exe.  I hit enter to boot and then I selected the color scheme then the US keyboard, but when I hit next to partition my harddrive it said "FATAL ERROR: Bad Primary Partition" so I tried hitting the "Alternate: Don't Use Swap Disk", but I got the message that said I didn't have a Linux Native Partition.  Can someone please tell me what it is I need to do?

Thanks,
Jim
jgalvinjr@hotmail.com