Building debian packages under Solaris?

Just curious if anyone had done it.  I'm going to be setting up some
Solaris boxes (on loan from Sun - installing linux isn't an option :-)) and
I'm definitely going to want to install stuff like emacs and other GNU
software on them - doing it from packages would be nice, even though I'll
be limited to compiling new binary packages from source packages...

Anyone tried building debian packages on a non-Linux OS?

Thanks for any pointers.

	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |