Re: your mail

>         I have got a distribution of Debian Linux from a CD-Rom of PC Boost
> # July 96, and I don't know which packages I've got to install in order to
> have X-Windows. In the magazine, I was told to install the package X11 but I
You'll need to install xbase,  an xserver (which ever one works with your
card,  for me it's xserver-s3v),  the xfont75 packages.  If you select
your xserver first,  dselect ought to figure out what else you need by
itself and tell you about them.

> And what is the package ppp for? This one is also missing on the CD
ppp is what you use to make dialup TCP/IP connections to the internet,
ala Dial-Up Networking in Windows95.
                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |