Re: Was the release of Debian 2.0 put on Linux Announce?

[back to the original thread]

http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-announce-98/msg00015.html

[now to the version number thread]

George, you never replied to:
http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-user-9808/msg00242.html
Did I miss the point again?

[now to the new user hostility thread]
These views are of individual developers, not all of them.  In general,
debian welcomes new users.  Please remember that debian may not be the
perfect solution for everyone, so thinking that one person has done a bad
thing by installing red hat is just as bad as thinking my parents have
done a bad thing by installing ms.  (By a bad thing I mean installing the
os that isn't right for them.)  Typically the developers respond
negatively toward the view that they aren't doing enough.  They are doing
an amazing ammount of work, and I should be thanking them every time I
turn on my monitor (no need to turn on the computer, it's always on).

Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)