Re: WYSIWYG Word Processor

You can get it by ftp from narnia.mit.edu in /pub/Office40/01 (english) or
/pub/Office40/49 (german).

Please note:

250-NOTE: This Version is free for personal non-commercial use only! No
250-commercial use is permitted. You can order StarOffice for OpenLinux
250-for commercial use either from Star Division or from Caldera.
250-
250-No version of StarOffice for OpenLinux may be stored on an FTP server,
250-distributed or reproduced in any form or by any means without the
250-prior express written permission of Star Division GmbH, Hamburg,
250-Germany.
250-
250-PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION FROM THIS FTP SERVER WITHOUT
250-COMPLETING THE FORM ON OUR WEB SERVER (http://www.stardivision.com)!
250-Your compliance with the above ensures we will continue to supply you
250-with Linux software.
250-

You could complete the form at
http://www.staroffice.de/download/index.html (this is the german language
site).

Also, version 3.0 is available from ftp.gwdg.de in /pub/linux/staroffice.

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Ivan wrote:

> At 12:55 PM 03-08-98 -0400, you wrote:
> >> Only available FREE as part of the Caldera distribution !
> >
> >???????
> >Go ahead and download it from www.stardivision.com
>
> Maybe after 11 August ... the site at the moment makes no mention of it
> being available and the Caldera site still specifies a price for it - - any
> wonder I'm confused ???   :)

It is free for non-commercial use only.  If you want to use it otherwise,
you will have to purchase it from either StarDivision or Caldera.

I've tried both.  IMHO, the display is a bit better with version 3.0
(however I prefer WordPerfect, which is $$).

Bob

----