Re: Was the release of Debian 2.0 put on Linux Announce?

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> Why do you expect non-geek will know what version of LSB his system complies
> with? LSB isn't something innately easier for non-geek to comprehend than
> the libc or kernel version. Remember that the concept of standards is just
> as foreign to non-geeks as is the concept of kernels. We already advertise
> our kernel version. If people don't know it, there is no reason to suppose
> they would know the LSB version if we advertised that.

I have been using Linux since 1994, I do not know what LSB is. Guess
I am not a geek ;-(  or worse than a non-geek :-)

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills              *  Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.              *
* EMAIL= Paul@Mills-USA.com  *  WWW= http://Mills-USA.com/          *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *