smbmount and Windows NT Workstation

Question

I've been doing a little research and smbmount looks like it is going to do
what I want.  I want to make a sharepoint on my NT workstation Sp3
accessable under a directory on my Debian linux machine(Hamm) just like a
fdd or a cdrom.

Now my question I've got everything installed it requires, the docs are a
little vague and I haven't been able to find anything looking through
mailing list archives or just using a search engine.

Heres what I have tried
smbmount //server/sharepoint /mnt -U anyone
But this doesn't work

Now
smbclient '\\server\sharepoint" -U anyone
This works great.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks