Nedit, Revisited...

I've reviewed my past six months worth of the list that I have archived here,
and I find a few mentions of problems with this editor, but no solutions.

Here's what's happening for me: (I be running a new install of hamm, done from
scratch with 2.0beta CD's. Running NEdit in AfterStep, both from hamm .deb's.)

1) PgUp and PgDn keys don't work. PgDn acts similarly to the 'End' key,
bringing the cursor to the end of the current line. These keys work in other
editors, XEmacs to name one.

2) Nedit vaporizes when I select from the File menu, Open Previous, but _only_
if the editor is launched with no filename. So, 'nedit bob.txt' (or any other
file operation, apparently) will enable one to use the Open Previous menu (the
.neditdb file seems ok), but just 'nedit' puts the thing in a condition such
that choosing 'Open Previous' sends it to some parallel universe. Here's the
message when this happens (it's all Greek to me):

X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  12 (X_ConfigureWindow)
  Value in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  3248

3) I went to the Fermi Lab ftp site and grabbed the latest binary there, but
it wouldn't run, complaining of not being able to load libXpm.so.4, if I
recall arightly. 'ldconfig -v' shows this lib clearly available, so have I
stumbled onto a glibc compatibility problem there?  (I ask because I used the
binaries from that site for a long time in bo with no problems.)

TIA, as usual, for any light shed on these matters. At least we're not talking
about the dress. <g>

Bob Bernstein   nowway-bernie@uhuh-brainiac.com   http://www.brainiac.com/bernie
at                      (Un-NoSpam me)
Esmond, R.I.       ftp://rupturedduck.dyn.ml.org  (sometimes)