Debian 2.0 upgrade didn't work

I am trying to upgrade to Debian 2.0 via ftp. I ran the autoup.sh
script and everything was fine. Then I fired up dselect to update
all my packages. That is where everything fell apart.
I selected all the packages in dselect that I wanted but it errored
everytime dselect tried to get one of the packages. I hit ctrl-c and
now when I go in to dselect it shows all the packages as being installed
already. My questions are:

1) How do I get dselect to stop showing the required packages that I need
to update as already being installed?

2) What are the settings that I need to use in dselect to get the packages that
I need below is my dselect configurations?

Enter ftp site [ftp.debian.org]:

Use passive mode [y]:

Enter username [anonymous]:

If you are using anonymous ftp to retrieve files, enter your email
address for use as a password.  Otherwise enter your password,
or "?" if you want dpkg-ftp to prompt you each time.

Enter password [nfn11988@naples.net]:

Enter debian directory [/debian]:
Go through an authenticated FTP proxy [n]:

Note: order here is important.  Package files are scanned in order so
later distributions will override earlier ones.

So put stable before unstable.

Enter space seperated list of distributions to get
[hamm/hamm]:

Enter directory to download binary package files to
(relative to /var/lib/dpkg/methods/ftp/)
[/packages]:

--
Thanks,
Keith

You only get one chance at life, but if you do it right, you only need one.