Re: never mind the recue disk was bad.

Mrpeabody wrote:

> My rescue disk was bad, but I would appreciate anyone's help in my
> setting up of Debian.  I'm not real sure how to partion the hard drive.
>     -jeff

	Some will tell you to set up 3-4 partitions in a complex setup, but for
newbies (and some vets) a two partition setup is easiest.  Create one
swap partition with 32-128 meg of disk space (the less ram you have the
bigger your swap should be), and use the rest of available space for
your root partition.
	Note: if your setting up a multi-user server you may want to consider a
more complex setup, but if this is for a single user (you) situation, or
for a home pc, a simple 2 partition setup is fine.

--
Ed