Re: Is this expected ssh behavior?

> probably enough to close this bug report.  You wouldn't happen to know how
> to get bash to read all of it's appropriate login scripts and then
> executing a command would you (this is for over an ssh connection)?

>From the ssh(1) manpage:

	Additionally, ssh reads /etc/environment and $HOME/.ssh/environment,
	and adds lines of the format VARNAME=value to the environment.  Some
	systems may have still additional mechanisms for setting up the
	environment, such as /etc/default/login on Solaris.

So if you want to do anything beyond setting environment variables in
that login script you're hosed, but I set up the environment I want in
~/.ssh/environment and it works.

Good luck,

--
Pete Harlan