Re: Is this expected ssh behavior?

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Lee Bradshaw wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 1998 at 01:32:24PM -0400, Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> > And you do set your path in the .bash_profile and can verify that it is
> > being run?
>
> I do set the path, but it doesn't look like it is being run. (Other
> statements should print to the screen as an earlier example you ran
> showed.) "ssh hostname" does execute .bash_profile.

Ok, let's focus on this.  Anyone have a good idea as to why bash doesn't
read it's .bash_profile when ssh is given the -t switch and bash is given
the -login switch?  I'm stumped.

HTH,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)