Re: Question about screen size in X and questions about Netscape

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Nico Fritschi wrote:

> when i change my screen resolution to a lower one i always get a screen
> which is not fixed, this means I can scroll it around and i can't see
> the whole screen. Is it possible to change that?

The "virtual resolution" is always large enough to accomodate the highest
resolution you have in your XF86Config. If you want to reduce the virtual
resolution, you need to take the higher resolutions out of XF86Config.

Look for this part of the file:
   SubSection "Display"
      Depth        16
      Modes        "1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
   EndSubSection

You need to find the Section "Screen" corresponding to the driver you're
using, and then the SubSection "Display" corresponding to the depth you're
using. Then remove or comment out the modes you don't want.

I don't know the answer to the Netscape questions, maybe someone else
will.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp