Re: where to put ctan files?

Jim Foltz wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Where can I install a package from ctan? I tried putting it in
> /usr/local/lib/texmf, then ran texhash as root. I thought this would be
> enough, but not so. What did I miss here?

In that case, I believe, you have to tell texhash to also read
/usr/local/lib/texmf.

Due to the fact that I know that TeX is a difficult package, I'd
suggest you either produce a .deb out of your additions and let
dpkg install it into /usr/lib/tex or install it in /usr/lib/tex
yourself - or third convince the TeX maintainer to also package
this package.  Kristopher Rose expressed the idea of packaging
some of the unpackaged CTAN stuff.  You might want to contact
him.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.