2 Xsessions?, 2 graphics cards?

Hi,

I am a happy debian user (since 0.93R6) and I am wondering if
I can do something a bit unusual.  I suffer from having 2 computers
in my office, one is a debian PC, the other a sun workstation.
I would really like to cut that down to just the PC by using a
remote sun computer.

Is there some way to run more than one X session on my debian PC?

Ideally I would do something like run an 8-bit depth xdm session
that logged me into a remote sun computer and a second X session
that is 16-bit depth that is my local session.  If it requires a
second video card it is no problem.  I would then be able to switch
between the two sessions via ALT-F7, ALT-F8 or something.

Is this pie-in-the-sky or is there some way to do something close
to this.

Stuart

PS.  I realize I could just run remote X clients on my local display
but I need to run the Sun solaris applications (saoimage, ximtool, idl)
etc in 8-bit mode.