cdrom error? (instalation)

I am attempting to install debian with floppies.  I successfully get
through all the installation until I attempt to install the kernel and
modules.  It installs stuff from the rescue floppy fine, but when
installing from the drivers disk, I get the following error:

-------------------
lib/modules/2.0.29/cdrom/optcd.o: File exists
star: No such file or directory

Sometimes the optcd.o is replaced with cm206.o in the same error
message, at the same part of the installation.

It looks to me like it is having problems with my cdrom.

Can anyone help?

PS. I am trying to install to a section of my hard drive that was
partitioned and compressed by the Win95 Drive Space program.  Is this
wrong?

-jake