Re: nsswitch.conf & host.conf

On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 01:13:05PM -0400, Lewis, James M.  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The discussion on named brought up a question or two.  I went looking for
> documentation on nsswitch.conf and couldn't find any (in man, anyway).  But,
> I did find host.conf.  Looks like host.conf and nsswitch.conf have very similar
> functions.  What's the difference?  When do you use one and not the other, etc.??

For documentation use something like:

info libc6 -> network -> NSS

(I can't look it up properly since it's not installed on this box ATM).

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution