Netscape (plugin or library probs?)

Currently I am running a mostly hamm system, with netscape4.X installed by
the debian installer.  With this, as well as previous versions of netscape I
have had a problem with frequent crashes.  I have no clue, but have been
living with it.  It's all gotten a bit worse with the newer netscape.

I now have two possible clues.

I have now stumbled across a "Linux-Netscape Help page" at
       http://members.ping.at/theofilu/netscape.html
At this location are detailed instructions for dealing with a netscape
library problem.  I haven't followed these instructions (by the way, it's
unlikely I will in the NEAR future, as my svga monitor up and died two days
ago, however this is all still of interest).  I don't know if this library
problem is what is bugging my netscape.

However, I have also been trying to install realplayer5.0 as a plugin.  It
is here than I ran into an interesting problem with plugins.  It seems that
debian's installer installs plugger2.2, but I see no documentation to the
effect that I need to install the various packages to which plugger refers.
This could be the bug.

I'd appreciate suggestions.  Also, the plugins, are they dealt with by
dselect?  Another case in which debian has fallen behind in documentation?
I apologize in advance in case this is taken as too harsh.  I am happy with
debian, with a few pointed exceptions.

Alan Davis

--
Alan E. Davis                       Marianas High School (Science Department)
AAA196, Box 10001    adavis@netpci.com   http://www.saipan.netpci.com/~adavis