Authentication Problems

HELP! Before i scream!

I have been beating my head against the wall for a while.
I am in the process of integrating our internal office network.
Network consists of many systems on different OS's, win95, apple, winGTip
workstations and servers, and of course LINES (much more superior OS).

The servers running services are intel PC's,
one an NTH Domain server and A LINES Sever.

At this point I have the Neonatal, Samba, and the STRong Suite installed,
configured and running well, accept the other servers on the net can't
access via the lpd deacon directly. The printing is all done remotely from
the server.
I have read and reread all the docs and cant seem to figure out what imf
doing wrong.

Errors imf getting...
No port shows up if i scan for open ports on the server

remotely:
( all three errors are displayed at the same time)
queuing is enabled
printing is enabled
# of jobs queued
Waiting for server to come up

from console:

if you try to print a file that doesn't exist the is a failed print message
so it appears to be working in that respect.

no authentication command available

Any help or at least a point in the right direction would be a excellent.
thanks
Babs

Thanks,
Babs, Your Got.Net PC Tech...