Re: fvwm2 config hook rant

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 09:02:37PM -0400, Tom Malloy wrote:
> I am very upset by these hook things. I do not understand them.  They seem
> to be much harder to work with than regular configuration (.*rc) files.
> They seem to require that the user know which hook file to edit.  There
> are several, prethis.hook postthat.hook etc. Some hooks are links to null
> files. This is all very confusing for the novice.  At least it is very
> confusing and upsetting to me. Also the existing hook files are empty.
> This means that the user must write them from scratch as opposed to merely
> editing the existing configuration file.  This is practically impossible

They aren't all that bad - I use a normal .fvwm2rc file and have this in it:

[damn - gpm won't paste into jed anymore]

AddToMenu /Debian
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/main-menu-pre.hook
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/menudefs.hook
Read /etc/X11/fvwm2/main-menu.hook

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution